For 2018, there have been upgrades to the CrossMgr/Impinj RFID timing system that provide improved quality results.
- Quadratic regression (QR) analysis now allows CrossMgr software to use 3 or more RFID chip times to calculate the time on the finish line with 1/100 second precision, yielding 6-inch accuracy at 34mph. Prior to quadratic regression, CrossMgr used only the first time reported by an Impinj reader, resulting in finish times up to 10 feet before the finish line. Since the RFID reader supports up to 600 tags per second, tags are read up to 20 times while passing the antenna, providing plenty of data to calculate a high precision time.
- RANSAC (random sample consensus) processing logic is used to improve the results of quadratic regression analysis by eliminating spurious outlier data collected from the RFID chip reader due to signal reflection.
- Support has been added for higher resolution cameras.
- CrossMgrVideo software has been improved with more features for recording and reviewing finish line photos.
- We’ve added an ultra low light camera with an AR0130 sensor. This camera is so sensitive to light that it is used for photographing distant stars at night.