There were more equipment and software upgrades in 2021:
- Impinj R700 4-port reader with higher read rates and improved sensitivity.
- new Alien 9964 “G-tag” RFID with next generation Higgs-9 chips mounted on CR100 cards.
- new, smaller linear antenna, optimized for use with linear tags on bikes.
- new 32″ LCD for displaying live results with 2k (1920×1024) resolution, replacing the Viewsonic 1k.
- second laptop and 15″ high contrast monitor dedicated to display lap count.
Over 30 updates were issued and tested during the past year, bringing CrossMgr, CrossMgrVideo and CrossMgrImpinj from 3.0.60 to 3.0.94.