There were more equipment and software upgrades in 2021:
- Impinj R700 4-port reader with higher read rates and improved sensitivity.
- new Alien 9964 “G-tag” RFID with next generation Higgs-9 chips mounted on CR100 cards.
- new, smaller linear antenna, optimized for use with linear tags on bikes.
- new 32″ LCD for displaying live results with 2k (1920×1024) resolution, replacing the Viewsonic 1k.
- second laptop and 15″ high contrast monitor dedicated to display lap count.
Over 30 updates were issued and tested during 2021, bringing CrossMgr, CrossMgrVideo and CrossMgrImpinj from 3.0.60 to 3.0.94.