Hardware Warranty Terms
New computer hardware that we sell includes the following replacement part warranty. These are general warranty terms and are superseded by the specific warranty when a component is invoiced.
- 1-year: on all DVD drives, diskette drives, power supplies and cases.
- 2-year: on all MSI motherboards sold up to December 31st, 2010.
- 3-year: on all MSI motherboards sold after January 1st, 2011, Western Digital and Seagate hard drives with 8mb cache, Intel processors and heat-sink fans.
- 5-year: certain specific models of hard drives, such as Western Digital RAID edition and Seagate Enterprise drives.
- Limited lifetime on all RAM memory.
- We do not charge a service fee or replacement fee to replace failed parts within 30 days of installation.
- After 30 days, there is a $2 fee to return failed RAM for replacement and a $20 fee to return damaged cases or failed monitors. All other items incur a $10 return shipping fee.
- A service fee may be charged to diagnose and replace failed parts after 30 days.
- Replacement parts are provided by the original manufacturer and are typically replaced with components labeled refurbished or recertified.
- Replacement parts will have a new serial number but do not extend the warranty.
- Parts may only be returned for warranty replacement when diagnosed as failed.
- Lifetime limited warranty is defined as the product availability lifetime, not the lifetime of the system or its owner.